Dear Thomas,

Thomas Grill ha scritto:
I can say that i've never had problems with the RME drivers,
especially ASIO with various applications.
If there are problems i suspect them to be related to some old
portaudio code used in Pure Data.
Up-to-date portaudio versions work flawlessly with RME drivers.
I checked my issue with 2 applications (made by a colleague) which have been compiled respectively against the latest portaudio available from the website and from svn: they both can see the driver "Fireface ASIO" and its properties correctly. Therefore I suspect there's something wrong either with the version used by pd and Audacity, or their utilization of portaudio. If I find the time, I'll try compiling pd against those versions of portaudio to see what happens.

Best,