on 9/10/03 1:56 AM, Heiko Hamann at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I will have the possibility to handle a *istD at the weekend. If I shall
> try soemthing for you, then tell me. I will take some FA-lenses with me,
> a SMC-M 10/2.8 and my AF500FTZ.
>
> Cheers, Heiko

I would like to see a photo of the SMC-M 10/2.8! That must be an impressive
lens!

But seriously, it will be interesting to see how the system will work when
faced with challenging conditions. As when the lens is wide open, the film
speed is high, the shutter speed is low...  Will we get the same fall-off in
quality at wider f-stops? Or about the same as with film? Is there a
mirror-slap vibration problem at 1/15 or 1/30 as with some film cameras?

I am also curious about the digital "film." If you have old and new CF cards
(normal vs. "fast", "plus", or "ultra" cards), it would be interesting to
see how well the firmware takes advantage of the theoretically higher
write-speed of the so-called "faster" cards.

Thanks!

Stan