If people look at me and say, but you're a professional conductor, they mean
that word implies I know it all, or at least a lot. I don't of course. The
word just means I conduct for a living, no matter how good ar bad: that has
nothing to do with it. Amateurs can be better at things than many a pro.
However, the experience and routine of a pro nearly always outdo the
amateur.

:-)

Paul Delcour