In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Paul Delcour) wrote:

> I have the SMC 85/1.8 and absolutely love it. It may not be full
> portrait, but the 1.8 gives a lot of candid opportunities with
> little light. Great to observe people and snap.

Hear, hear. Lovely bit of glass. For a while after I'd decided that
I wanted something more modern than the Spotmatic F, I was looking
for an equivalent lens in a modern bayonet mount, and when I found
one, I was going to switch to whatever system it fitted. Then I found
out about the SMCP-A* 85/1.4, and a little later managed to score one,
so I've stayed with Pentax.

What do you mean by "Not full portrait", incidentally? I agree an
85mm is not much good for full-length portraits, but those are usually
unfortunately long and narrow pictures anyway, and I prefer not to
take them much.

---
John Dallman                                     [EMAIL PROTECTED]