----- Original Message -----
From: "tom" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, September 12, 2003 3:45 PM
Subject: RE: Digital versus film

> Since I've started shooting digital, I've had about 30 or 40 meetings
> with prospective clients, and only one turned me down due to the fact
> that I used digital (that I know of). The groom was an art
> conservationist and was worried about archivalness. My signup rate is
> the same as it was before digital.

the groom didn't do their homework. the best archival quality silver halide
print media is rated at half the life of Epson archival media and inks. if
you are giving them the files too, then the images are as archival as they
are willing to make them.

> Digital taught me a lesson about resolution - it's overrated. I'll
> take sharp and grainless. It's a lesson I only learned because I
> actually started shooting digital and making prints.

agreed. i've been using a digital camera since 1998, back when they were
hopelessly outclassed by the average P&S.

Herb....