Guess I shouldn't mention that I very frequently shoot my 67ii
handheld or that I just purchased a 120 "soft" lens for it.

For me, a tripod represents the best way to take a photograph to get
the technical aspects correct.  Not only does it provide for a sharper
picture, but it really aids in composition.  Nothing like being able
to look around the viewfinder, make minor adjustments, etc.

But for spontaneity, the tripod works against you.  Too slow and
fiddly. This would typically be people shots (notably candids).

So I work both ways - when the tripod is reasonable to USE (not carry
- never reasonable to carry, just have to tough it out), then I use
it. When dealing with spontaneous/fast moving situations, I don't.

Bruce