>Thanks Doe. I have a recollection of it now, my neighbor used them,
and I think I had a program that did it. It`s kind of like a DOS prompt
newsgroup, eh?
>Steve Larson
>Redondo Beach, California

Sort of. All text, anyway. Most newsgroups don't allow attachments, a few do,
but not many. But newsreaders have evolved over the years, right now most are
probably similar to your email reader. (The major exception is AOL's built-in
newsreader, it's still quite primitive, though not a Dos prompt. Don't know
how many years newsgroup friends have told me to get something else. :-))

Most of the conventions/etiquette on this list come from newsgroups --
threads, changing the name of the thread when the topic completely changes, putting
OT in when it's off topic to begin with, and even having "signatures" at the
bottom of one's posts, etc.

Marnie aka Doe :-)