Shel Belinkoff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> thinking about getting a MIR 47K 20/2.5.  Do you have any
thoughts about
> that lens?

Hi Shel,
I had the 20/2.5 for a while a couple of years ago. I didn't
like it, so I get rid of it in few months (and I had even asked
a friend to bring it to me from Poland...).
I had been using the 20/3.5 since 1993 (bought by my father that
used it with an FX-3) and I liked it a lot.
When I compared the two, the 20/2.5 appeared to be a poorer
performer (just a bit, though), and the coating seemed less
effective. The jump in compatibility (screwmount vs. K mount)
and in speed was not worth it (I paid $90 for the 3.5 and $150
for the 2.5...).

Hope this helps.

Gianfranco

=====