On Sun, Apr 14, 2013, Tom C wrote:
> From: Aahz Maruch <a...@pobox.com>
>>
>>> I should add, following the line of thought, that any/every camera is
>>> capable in the hands of one who knows how to best use it.
>>
>> That's half-true, at best.  My Nikon P7100 just isn't good for low-light
>> photography (although it's considerably better than my previous Canon
>> A710).  Similarly, no camera is good if you hate to use it (you can argue
>> that it's capable, I suppose, but that smells of "wrong question").
>
> Really?
>
> You show me one camera that cannot produce a pleasing image and I'll
> show you a million that are.

[adding in Tom's followup from a separate post]
> I wasn't referring to a specific use for a specific camera. I was
> speaking in general terms, that being, any camera is capable of
> producing a pleasing and decent image, unless it's downright
> defective.

That just brings you up to half-true.  ;-)  My point is that any camera
you refuse to use because you hate it can't produce a pleasing and
decent image.  Like you, I'm talking in general terms, obviously one can
haul the camera out and take a picture -- but if your inclination is to
leave it in the closet gathering dust instead of taking pictures...
--
Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6                        http://rule6.info/