On Tue, Jan 30, 2024 at 07:57:30PM -0500, Rick Womer wrote:
> I???m taking a photography course at the Fleisher Art Memorial here in Philly.
>
> As per our first assignment last week, I brought in ten .jpg images on an
> MS-DOS-formatted flash drive, as did my classmates.
>
> Three different MS-DOS computers in the classroom did not recognize my flash
> drive =at all=.
>
> I don???t know what computers my 8 classmates use, but none of them had a
> problem.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Rick

MS-DOS?  Really?  I believe MS-DOS defaults to FAT16, while Windows went to
FAT32
a long, long time ago (with, I believe, Win95).  If they really are MS-DOS
machines
then there may be a reason why they can't read your "MS-DOS-formatted flash
drive";
the FAT32 partition size limit is 32GB, and today's thumb drives are larger
than that.

Larger drives will probably use either NTFS or exFAT; Most modern systems can
read
and write either of these, but it's possible that the classroom computers can
only
read one of those formats, and your disks (but not, presumably, your classmates
disks) are formatted using the other one.
--
%(real_name)s Pentax-Discuss Mail List