On Thu, Feb 01, 2024 at 01:16:05PM -0800, Larry Colen wrote:
> I just found out that Samyang makes a 135 f/2 in K-mount.
>
> I don't have any specific need for that focal length and speed, though if it
> was autofocus it could be nice for photographing musicians.  It's just about
> one stop between and 85/1.4 and a 200/2.8 in length and speed, so in reality
> I'd be better off just cropping down my 85/1.4.  But, shiny!

I'd guess you'd probably be better off putting a 1.4x TC behind your 85/1.4
than using a lens that sells for about the same price as the TC, no matter how
shiny ...
(Ricoh show the HD PENTAX-DA AF REAR CONVERTER 1.4x AW as being compatible with
the HD PENTAX D-FA* 85mmF1.4ED)
--
%(real_name)s Pentax-Discuss Mail List