Not a spider  as MIke pointed out..  so interesting..
I take it you were not as close to the rattler as it looks like since you didnt get bit
Nice rattler shots

ann

On 4/29/2024 3:39 AM, mike wilson wrote:
Spiders don't have antennae, which yours clearly does. Also, I can't make out
more than six legs.  Some ant species are hairy and the queens chew off their
wings after fertilisation.  I wonder if the same happens with some species of
bumble bees?  There is a scarlet tailed bumblebee, Bombus coccineus but I don't
have any other information about it.