Hi,

Am Dienstag, 19. Juni 2018, 08:45:08 CEST schrieb Chris Ridd:
> > On 19 Jun 2018, at 05:58, Zeus Panchenko <z...@ibs.dn.ua> wrote:
> >
> > Chris Ridd <chrisr...@mac.com> wrote:
> >> Net::LDAP's moddn method does not take a „recursively“ option.
> >
> > may it sound sane to add it to the method?
> >
> >> The LDAP modifydn operation is already defined to move all the entry's
> >> children.
> >
> > I believe, it'd be great to have something like that in Net::LDAP too …
>
> Well that’s up to Peter, but I would say that no it doesn’t make sense
> because the operations in LDAP.pm only do what the RFCs describe.

perl-ldap's first objective is to make the LDAP operations specified in the
LDAP specs available to Perl.
The operation defined in the specs provide a clear, well defined foundation.

I do not intend to modify the base operations from the specs.

> I think you should write your own wrapper/utility function that does what
> your use case needs.
This is definitely preferable.

perl ldap has the Net::LDAP::Extra module that allows for easy extension (see
Net::LDAP::Extra::AD, Net::LDAP::Extra::eDirectory

If you provide code that is reasonably generic (and does not only fulfill your
specific use case), I may consider including it. (No guarantee)

Best
PEter

--
Peter Marschall