Hi Gurus,

I need to minimize all existing windows currently open before I run my
Tk GUI application. The thing is, it usually gets minimized in the task
bar and I need to manually press on the window in the task bar to
restore it.

Since my application should run on client machines, I want my
application to first minimize all other windows, and then (by default)
mine will stay on top.

In windows 2K this was not an issue, but under Windows XP it seems that
the Tk has low GUI precedence and thus never gets displayed on top if
there are other maximized windows. This behavior happens when I run the
application and the console window starts the app. If I run it directly
(executing my perlapp executable) it seems to work fine.

The Win32::GUI::GetForegroundWindow() is not a great help since it does
the OPPOSITE of what I need: it minimizes the currently running window
only.

Any ideas on minimizing all open windows?

All the best,

Schichmanter Eitan
SDM Team Developer,
Petah-Tikva, Israel