On Mar 27, 2007, at 4:45 PM, Allison Randal wrote:

        <particle>        but, we need better smoke tools

So lets document what we need. Right now 'make smoke' generates an HTML report which is uploaded to the smoke server.

Talk has happened in the past about making this more DB like instead of rendered output, but my concern is for the user visible features we're lacking. Perhaps:

1) Notify mailing list on failure (threshold of 9x%?)
2) Notify mailing list on new platform/compiler?
3) Better GUI on the server, including:
  a - sort by <foo>?
  b - highlight platforms with failures on summary screen?
c - ability to which tests are failing across platforms. only on single platform?

Pugs has done some nifty stuff with their smokes since we originally borrowed the concept. Perhaps we can rebase to their current code.

Once we've decided what we want/need, we can open a ticket (or tickets on various components) and worry about implementation.

Feedback, please.

--
Will "Coke" Coleda
[EMAIL PROTECTED]