Klaas-Jan Stol wrote:

$P0 = get_class "HLLClass"
$P1 = $P0.new()

IIUC, instead of create a new object (either a built-in PMC or an OO object) in 1 instruction, it should now be done in 2?

Yes. It adds a small amount of tedious typing, but gains us a great deal of power in our OO system. We will still have a 'new' opcode, but it will likely only handle the simplest cases.

  $P0 = new "HLLClass"

Or, can I also write:

 $P0 = Integer.new()  # create new Integer PMC object
 $P1 = Hash.new()    # create new Hash PMC object

No, we're eliminating bareword class names from PIR/PASM entirely. It's easy to do that in an HLL, though.

Allison