While trying to track down a type error in a Pugs program today, I
thought of what could be a handy debugging feature.

I would like Perl 6 values to capture the call stack when they're
created and store them into a property called "confess" (Autrijus's
name).  $value.confess would then return an array of Caller objects,
which could be inspected to determine where a value came from.  It
might even be wise to have it capture the call stack each time the
value is mutated.

Since this would likely be expensive, I suspect it should be optional
and turned off by default; however, this would probably be a global
setting, not a lexical one.

--
Brent 'Dax' Royal-Gordon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Perl and Parrot hacker