Yes, this is a bizarre 'feature' that's been bugging me on and off for years
now. Currently, pgAdmin builds an update query by generating a WHERE clause
using all available data. Unfortunately it periodically fails when there are
timestamps involved. I'll put it back on my to-do list.

Regards, Dave.