First of all please use reply all so that everyone sees the answers.

Not sure since PgObject is certainly in the jdbc jar.
pgjdbc/pgjdbc/src/main/java/org/postgresql/util/PGobject.java
at 5709a20fbef453749d2394e11502527e4a3ab5bb · pgjdbc/pgjdbc (github.com)
<https://github.com/pgjdbc/pgjdbc/blob/5709a20fbef453749d2394e11502527e4a3ab5bb/pgjdbc/src/main/java/org/postgresql/util/PGobject.java#L19>

I suggest at this point you provide a test project on github that you can
share.

There is something wrong with the classpath

Dave Cramer
www.postgres.rocks