On Mar 3, 2008, at 12:42 PM, Josh Trutwin wrote:

On Mon, 03 Mar 2008 10:42:50 -0700
dmp <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hello,
The project MyJSQLView will provided basic support
for array types in PostgreSQL at the next release.
Information is desired from anyone that uses arrays
in PostgreSQL to effect this support. Just a couple
of questions.

1. What Size, <10 or 100's, 1000's of elements?

100's

2. Single or Multi-Dimensional?

Single

3. What data types?

Integers and Characters

Where are you getting this information. Here's the first three sentences from the manual's chapter on arrays:

" PostgreSQL allows columns of a table to be defined as variable- length multidimensional arrays. Arrays of any built-in or user- defined base type can be created. (Arrays of composite types or domains are not yet supported, however.)"

In addition, wrt question #1, I haven't found anything specifying any kind of limit on the number of elements and array field can hold. I would thus expect that you'd be more limited by 1G field size limit via TOAST, i.e. the total size of the elements would be capped at 1G which would be a different number of elements for different types.

Erik Jones

DBA | Emma®
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
800.595.4401 or 615.292.5888