Kristina Yamamoto wrote:

We decided to migrate the database to PostgreSQL, because of the
ability to still use Access as the front-end (there are forms,
queries, etc that are easier for the volunteers to use in Access than
learning SQL.) We bought the DBConvert program, which stores the
photos in bytea format in PostgreSQL. However, when we try to link to
the PostgreSQL database using Access, the pictures are no longer
recognized as OLE - instead they are binary and are no longer visible
using Access' image viewer.

You can work around it by creating a temporary file and streaming the data to it, then displaying that file on the form. That's a common (though perhaps fiddly) option.

This site describes things, but bear in mind they're selling a plugin to handle this problem:
 http://www.ammara.com/articles/accesspictureole.html
More here too:
 http://www.jamiessoftware.tk/articles/handlingimages.html

--