Richard Huxton wrote:
Emmanuel Quevillon wrote:
Hi,

I have a basic question about pg client. I know it is possible to let pg complete the name of a table by pressing the arrow key.

It's the Tab key by default, which might be what you're referring to.
Yep.

 > But
unfortunately I can't do it while I am connected to pg (8.2) from a gnome terminal.
Also the history does not work for me when I press up arraow key.

If it works in your console but not Gnome, then it's worth checking what terminal it thinks it is - echo $TERM. Mine says "xterm". It's also worth testing some other applications with readline support and see if their history/completion

It does not work either gnome-terminal or xterm...

If it doesn't work in the console too, it's probably a problem with your readline library.

I think that's the problem, I compiled postgres wihtout readline... --without-readline

Thanks!

--
Emmanuel Quevillon

      match