On Wed, 5 Mar 2008, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

b) PostgreSQL is in general 35%-45% faster.

And this is using sysbench, which is an old MySQL benchmark with rudimentary PostgreSQL support bolted on. Last time I checked it didn't even put statements into transaction blocks correctly under PostgreSQL when you used the write tests (because the MySQL it was written for can't do that at all). The FreeBSD tests only run the read tests which avoid that, but still it's clearly not a benchmark optimized for good PostgreSQL performance. I suspect if the sysbench schema/queries were ported to pgbench the gap would widen considerably.

--
* Greg Smith [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://www.gregsmith.com Baltimore, MD