Erik Jones wrote:

These are all client databases at the web hosting company I work at.

I can't go putting triggers on all of their tables. I think I'll
just
start taking snapshots of pertinent data from pg_stat_activity and after I've been collecting data for a while run a report of dbs that

haven't seen connections in X long since what I'm really after is inactive databases.

Did you think about just setting log_connections to ON and grep'ing the server logs?

Otherwise it looks like a use-case for ON CONNECT triggers, unfortunately we don't have them yet.

The TODO list links that message:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2008-03/msg00451.php

Best regards,

--
Daniel
PostgreSQL-powered mail user agent and storage: