On 05/15/2015 02:46 PM, Sachin Srivastava wrote:

Hi,

How can I fast my daily pg_dump backup. Can I use parallel option(Which is introduced in Postgres 9.3) with Postgres 9.1. There is any way I can use this is for 9.1 database.

IMHO, if has been introduced in 9.3, it is not in 9.1, unless you find some official backport.

My database size is 820 GB and it’s taking 7 hours to complete.

You need to provide some storage information and spécification.
With (most) bare filesystem operation such as "dd": how much IO rate do you get?

Cheers.