Hicham G. Elmongui wrote:
I need to select all tuples from a table, but need them to be fetched with a
constant delay (say 1 sec) between every consecutive tuples.

The first idea that came up to my mind is to create a DelayedSeqScan
operator, and put delay before returning the scanned tuple.

Can I do this functionality using table functions?

Could you not just use a cursor and fetch each row in turn based on some timer in your application?

--
  Richard Huxton
  Archonet Ltd