Hello

Searched around, but could not find this mentioned.

I've noticed the following behaviour in 7.4.5:

[explain analyse] select * from foo where
col1 = 1 or
col1 = 2 or
col1 = 3 or
col1 = 4 or
col1 = 5 or
col1 = 6 or
col1 = 7 or
col1 = 8;

where an index on foo.col1 exists.

The above works fine - the index is used.  However, extend the where
clause with an extra line (say, col1 = 9) and the index is no longer used.

Is there a parameter I can SET to extend the number of items allowed for
index usage?

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Henry

This message was sent using MetroWEB's AirMail service.
http://www.metroweb.co.za/ - full access for only R73.
Free Web Accelerator, WebMail, Calendar, Anti-Virus,
Anti-Spam, 10 emails, 100MB personal webspace, and more!
Phone Now!  086 11 11 440

TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster