Peter Eisentraut wrote:

Miroslav Ķulc wrote:

is there on the net any general howto on SQL query optimizations? We
have recently moved our project from MySQL to PostgreSQL and are
having problem with one of our queries.

I doubt that there is a generic documentation on SQL optimization, because this heavily depends on the particular implementation that you are using.

The EXPLAIN command is surely useful but I don't know how to read it and how to use the output to
optimize the query so I'm looking for some intro that could help me.

You should probably start with the Performance Tips chapter in the PostgreSQL documentation.

I've read that one. Sure it is good starting point but for a newbie (= me) it's not enough :-(

Miroslav Ķulc
begin:vcard
fn;quoted-printable:Miroslav =C5=A0ulc
n;quoted-printable:=C5=A0ulc;Miroslav
org:StartNet s.r.o.
adr;quoted-printable;quoted-printable:;;Vrchlick=C3=A9ho 161/5;Praha 5;;150 00;=C4=8Cesk=C3=A1 republika
email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
title:CEO
tel;work:+420 257 225 602
tel;cell:+420 603 711 413