--On söndag, mars 13, 2005 18.37.24 -0500 Tom Lane <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Palle Girgensohn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
OK, seems my problem is with ICU. The xlog.c:ReadConfigFile() is not run
for each backend, it seems, I assume it is forked after that.

No, it is run once in the postmaster, as indeed the comments in it say.

Seems ICU
cannot "remember" a setDefault(locale) call for some reason.

Curious. You'd expect whatever state that sets to persist across a fork. You should probably ping the ICU people about it.

You're right, I will.

Thanks,
Palle

---------------------------(end of broadcast)--------------------------- TIP 9: the planner will ignore your desire to choose an index scan if your joining column's datatypes do not match