On Tue, Feb 27, 2018 at 02:52:02PM +1300, Thomas Munro wrote:
On Tue, Feb 27, 2018 at 4:18 AM, Tom Kazimiers <t...@voodoo-arts.net> wrote:
It would be great if this or a similar fix would make it into the next official release.

Here's a new version with tuplestore_select_read_pointer() added in
another place where it was lacking, and commit message.  Moving to
-hackers, where patches go.

Thanks and just to confirm the obvious: the new patch still fixes this bug in both my test trigger function and my real trigger function.

Here's a shorter repro.  On master it prints:

NOTICE:  count = 1
NOTICE:  count union = 1

With the patch the second number is 2, as it should be.

CREATE TABLE test (i int);
INSERT INTO test VALUES (1);

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION my_trigger_fun() RETURNS trigger
LANGUAGE plpgsql AS
$$
 BEGIN
    RAISE NOTICE 'count = %', (SELECT COUNT(*) FROM new_test);
    RAISE NOTICE 'count union = %', (SELECT COUNT(*)
         FROM (SELECT * FROM new_test UNION ALL SELECT * FROM new_test) ss);
    RETURN NULL;
END;
$$;

CREATE TRIGGER my_trigger AFTER UPDATE ON test
REFERENCING NEW TABLE AS new_test OLD TABLE as old_test
FOR EACH STATEMENT EXECUTE PROCEDURE my_trigger_fun();

UPDATE test SET i = i;

That's a much cleaner repro (and test case I suppose), thanks.

Tom