On 05.05.22 17:47, Maxim Orlov wrote:
During work on 64-bit XID patch [1] we found handy to have initdb options to set initial xid/mxid/mxoff values to arbitrary non default values. It helps test different scenarios: related to wraparound, pg_upgrade from 32-bit XID to 64-bit XID, etc.

We realize, this patch can be singled out as an independent patch from the whole patchset in [1] and be useful irrespective of 64-bit XID in cases of testing of wraparound and so on.

In particular, we employed this patch to test recent changes in logical replication of subxacts [2] and found no problems in it near the point of publisher wraparound.

Just for completeness, over in the other thread the feedback was that this functionality is better put into pg_resetwal.