On Sun, Nov 27, 2022 at 1:29 PM Andrey Borodin <amborodi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> GiST verification checks only one invariant that can be verified if
> page locks acquired the same way as page split does.
> GIN does not require ShareLock because it does not check cross-level
> invariants.

I was wrong. GIN check does similar gin_refind_parent() to lock pages
in bottom-up manner and truly verify downlink-child_page invariant.

Here's v17. The only difference is that I added progress reporting to
GiST verification.
I still did not implement heapallindexed for GIN. Existence of pending
lists makes this just too difficult for a weekend coding project :(

Thank you!

Best regards, Andrey Borodin.