On 15.12.2022 03:18, Jeff Davis wrote:
Right, that's what I had in mind: a user is only granted operations on
the partitioned table, not the partitions.

It's all clear now.

There's definitely a problem with this patch and partitioning, because
REINDEX affects the partitions, CLUSTER is a no-op, and VACUUM/ANALYZE
skip them.

I think the approach that Nathan implemented [1] for TOAST tables
in the latest version can be used for partitioned tables as well.
Skipping the privilege check for partitions while working with
a partitioned table. In that case we would get exactly the same behavior
as for INSERT, SELECT, etc privileges - the MAINTAIN privilege would work for
the whole partitioned table, but not for individual partitions.

[1] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20221215002705.GA889413%40nathanxps13

--
Pavel Luzanov
Postgres Professional: https://postgrespro.com