On 19.12.22 09:12, Andres Freund wrote:
There are a bunch of places in the json code that use
appendBinaryStringInfo() where appendStringInfoString() could be used, e.g.,

     appendBinaryStringInfo(buf, ".size()", 7);

Is there a reason for this?  Are we that stretched for performance?
strlen() isn't that cheap, so it doesn't generally seem unreasonable. I
don't think we should add the strlen overhead in places that can
conceivably be a bottleneck - and some of the jsonb code clearly can be
that.

AFAICT, the code in question is for the text output of the jsonpath type, which is used ... for barely anything?