On Tue, Jan 10, 2023 at 8:26 AM Hayato Kuroda (Fujitsu) <
kuroda.hay...@fujitsu.com> wrote:

> Dear tom,
>
> > I think that it's a really bad idea to require postgres_fdw.sql
> > to have two expected-files: that will be a maintenance nightmare.
> > Please put whatever it is that needs a variant expected-file
> > into its own, hopefully very small and seldom-changed, test script.
> > Or rethink whether you really need a test case that has
> > platform-dependent output.
>
> Thank you for giving the suggestion. I agreed your saying and modifed that.
>
> I added new functions on the libpq and postgres-fdw layer that check
> whether the
> checking works well or not. In the test, at first, the platform is checked
> and
> the checking function is called only when it is supported.
>
> An alternative approach is that PQCanConncheck() can be combined with
> PQConncheck().
> This can reduce the libpq function, but we must define another returned
> value to
> the function like -2. I was not sure which approach was better.
>
> Best Regards,
> Hayato Kuroda
> FUJITSU LIMITED

Hi,

+       /* quick exit if connection cache has been not initialized yet. */

been not initialized -> not been initialized

+
(errcode(ERRCODE_CONNECTION_FAILURE),
+                                                errmsg("could not connect
to server \"%s\"",

Currently each server which is not connected would log a warning.
Is it better to concatenate names for such servers and log one line ? This
would be cleaner when there are multiple such servers.

Cheers