Amit Langote <amitlangot...@gmail.com> writes:
> I've updated your disallow-generated-child-columns-2.patch to do this,
> and have also merged the delta post that I had attached with my last
> email, whose contents you sound to agree with.

Pushed with some further work to improve the handling of multiple-
inheritance cases.  We still need to insist that all or none of the
parent columns are generated, but we don't have to require their
generation expressions to be alike: that can be resolved by letting
the child table override the expression, much as we've long done for
plain default expressions.  (This did need some work in pg_dump
after all.)  I'm pretty happy with where this turned out.

                        regards, tom lane