On Fri, Jan 20, 2023 at 4:51 PM Matthias van de Meent <
boekewurm+postg...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 19 Jan 2023 at 06:47, Justin Pryzby <pry...@telsasoft.com> wrote:
> >
> > pg_stat_progress_copy was added in v14 (8a4f618e7, 9d2d45700).
> >
> > But if a command JOINs file_fdw tables, the progress report gets bungled
> > up.  This will warn/assert during file_fdw tests.
>
> I don't know what to do with that other than disabling COPY progress
> reporting for file_fdw, i.e. calls to BeginCopyFrom that don't supply
> a pstate. This is probably the best option, because a table backed by
> file_fdw would also interfere with COPY TO's progress reporting.
>
> Attached a patch that solves this specific issue in a
> binary-compatible way. I'm not super happy about relying on behavior
> of callers of BeginCopyFrom (assuming that users that run copy
> concurrently will not provide a ParseState* to BeginCopyFrom), but it
> is what it is.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Matthias van de Meent

Hi,
In `BeginCopyFrom`, I see the following :

        if (pstate)
        {
                cstate->range_table = pstate->p_rtable;
                cstate->rteperminfos = pstate->p_rteperminfos;

Is it possible to check range_table / rteperminfos so that we don't
introduce the bool field ?

Cheers