On 22/02/2023 16:00, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
On 11/12/2022 02:01, Ian Lawrence Barwick wrote:
2021年11月9日(火) 20:31 Daniel Gustafsson <dan...@yesql.se>:

On 14 Jul 2021, at 14:03, Aleksander Alekseev <aleksan...@timescale.com> wrote:

Spec compliant:           tested, passed
Documentation:            tested, passed

The v3 patch LGTM. I wonder if we should explicitly say in pg_rewind tests that
they _don't_ have to call `checkpoint`, or otherwise, we will lose the test
coverage for this scenario. But I don't have a strong opinion on this one.

The new status of this patch is: Ready for Committer

Heikki, do you have plans to address this patch during this CF?

Friendly reminder ping one year on; I haven't looked at this patch in
detail but going by the thread contents it seems it should be marked
"Ready for Committer"? Moved to the next CF anyway.

Here's an updated version of the patch.

I renamed the arguments to findCommonAncestorTimeline() so that the
'targetHistory' argument doesn't shadow the global 'targetHistory'
variable. No other changes, and this still looks good to me, so I'll
wait for the cfbot to run on this and commit in the next few days.

Pushed. I decided not to backpatch this, after all. We haven't really been treating this as a bug so far, and the patch didn't apply cleanly to v13 and before.

- Heikki