> Off the cuff that doesn't seem like a bad idea, but I wonder if we should add
 > them to pg_stat_ssl (or both) instead if we deem them valuable?

I think the same information should be available to pg_stat_ssl as well.
pg_stat_ssl can show the client certificate information for all connecting
clients, having it to show not_before and not_after timestamps of every client
are important in my opinion. The attached patch
"v2-0002-pg-stat-ssl-add-notbefore-and-notafter-timestamps.patch" adds this
support

 > Re the patch, it would be nice to move the logic in ssl_client_get_notafter
 > and
 > the _notbefore counterpart to a static function since they are copies of
 > eachother.

Yes agreed. I have made the adjustment attached as
"v2-0001-sslinfo-add-notbefore-and-notafter-timestamps.patch"

would this feature be suitable to be added to commitfest? What do you think?

thank you

Cary Huang
HighGo Software Inc. (Canada)
cary.hu...@highgo.ca