Hi:

>  If you use explicit cast, then the code should not be hard, in the
> rewrite stage all information should be known.

Can you point to me where the code is for the XML stuff?  I thought
this is a bad idea but I may accept it if some existing code does
such a thing already.   "such thing"  is  typeA:typeB is
converted something else but user can't find out an entry in
pg_cast for typeA to typeB.

> It would be cool but still I didn't see a way to do that without making
>> something else complex.
>>

>  The custom @-> operator you can implement in your own custom extension.
> Builtin solutions should be generic as it is possible.

I agree, but actually I think there is no clean way to do it, at least I
dislike the conversion of typeA to typeB in a cast syntax but there
is no entry in pg_cast for it.  Are you saying something like this
or I misunderstood you?

--
Best Regards
Andy Fan