On 2023-11-09 08:58, Michael Paquier wrote:
On Wed, Nov 08, 2023 at 02:15:24PM +0530, Bharath Rupireddy wrote:
On Wed, Nov 8, 2023 at 9:43 AM Andres Freund <and...@anarazel.de> wrote:
It's not like oids are a precious resource. It's a more confusing API to have to have to specify a NULL as an argument than not having to do so. If we really want to avoid a separate oid, a more sensible path would be to add a default argument to pg_stat_reset_slru() (by doing a CREATE OR REPLACE in
system_functions.sql).

+1. Attached the patch.

-- Test that multiple SLRUs are reset when no specific SLRU provided to reset function
-SELECT pg_stat_reset_slru(NULL);
+SELECT pg_stat_reset_slru();

For the SLRU part, why not.

Hmm.  What's the final plan for pg_stat_reset_shared(), then?  An
equivalent that calls a series of pgstat_reset_of_kind()?

Sorry for late reply and thanks for the feedbacks everyone.

As your 1st suggestion, I think "calls a series of pgstat_reset_of_kind()" would be enough.

I am a little concerned about that the reset time is not the same and that GetCurrentTimestamp() is called multiple times, but I think it would be acceptable because the function is probably not used that often and the reset time is not atomic in practice.

I'll attach the patch.

Atsushi Torikoshi
NTT DATA Group Corporation