On Wed, Nov 15, 2023 at 5:09 PM Peter Eisentraut <pe...@eisentraut.org>
wrote:

> On 14.11.23 11:40, Amul Sul wrote:
> > Please have a look at the attached version, updating the syntax to have
> "AS"
> > after EXPRESSION and other changes suggested previously.
>
> The code structure looks good to me now.

Thank you for your review.

> Question: Why are you using AT_PASS_ADD_OTHERCONSTR?  I don't know if
> it's right or wrong, but if you have a specific reason, it would be good
> to know.

I referred to ALTER COLUMN DEFAULT and used that.

> I think ATExecSetExpression() needs to lock pg_attribute?  Did you lose
> that during the refactoring?

I have removed that intentionally since we were not updating anything in
pg_attribute like ALTER DROP EXPRESSION.

> Tiny comment: The error message in ATExecSetExpression() does not need
> to mention "stored", since it would be also applicable to virtual
> generated columns in the future.

I had to have the same thought, but later decided when we do that
virtual column thing, we could simply change that. I am fine to do that
change
now as well, let me know your thought.

> Documentation additions in alter_table.sgml should use one-space indent
> consistently.  Also, "This form replaces expression" is missing a "the"?

Ok, will fix that.

Regards,
Amul