On 11/20/23 15:47, Robert Haas wrote:
On Mon, Nov 20, 2023 at 2:41 PM David Steele <da...@pgmasters.net> wrote:
I can't see why a backup would continue to be valid without a manifest
-- that's not very standard for backup software. If you have the
critical info in backup_label, you can't afford to lose that, so why
should backup_manifest be any different?

I mean, you can run pg_basebackup --no-manifest.

Maybe this would be a good thing to disable for page incremental. With all the work being done by pg_combinebackup, it seems like it would be a good idea to be able to verify the final result?

I understand this is an option -- but does it need to be? What is the benefit of excluding the manifest?

Regards,
-David