On Sat, 30 Dec 2023 at 09:23, Pavel Luzanov <p.luza...@postgrespro.ru>
wrote:

> I think that writing the value "infinity" in places where there is no
> value is
> not a good thing. This hides the real value of the column. In addition,
> there is no reason to set "infinity" when the password is always valid with
> default NULL.

Would it make sense to make the column non-nullable and always set it to
infinity when there is no expiry?

In this case, I think NULL simply means infinity, so why not write that? If
the timestamp type didn't have infinity, then NULL would be a natural way
of saying that there is no expiry, but with infinity as a possible value, I
don't see any reason to think of no expiry as being the absence of an
expiry time rather than an infinite expiry time.