On 2024-01-19 Fr 04:38, Nazir Bilal Yavuz wrote:

At the end, the main issue that I have with this part of the
documentation is the lack of consistency leading to a confusing user
experience in the builds of Windows.  My recent impressions were that
Andrew has picked up Chocolatey in some (all?) of his buildfarm
animals with Strawberry Perl.  I've had a good experience with it,
FWIW, but Andres has also mentioned me a couple of weeks ago while in
Prague that Strawberry could lead to unpredictible results (sorry I
don't remember all the exact details).
Postgres CI uses Strawberry Perl [1] as well but it is directly
installed from the strawberryperl.com and its version is locked to
'5.26.3.1' for now.

FYI Strawberry was a bit stuck for a while at 5.32, but they are now up to 5.38. See <https://strawberryperl.com/releases.html>

I agree we shouldn't be recommending any particular perl distro, especially not ASPerl which now has annoying license issues.

cheers

andrew

--
Andrew Dunstan