On 1/25/24 20:52, Michael Paquier wrote:
On Thu, Jan 25, 2024 at 08:56:52AM -0400, David Steele wrote:
I would still advocate for a back patch here. It is frustrating to get logs
from users that just say:

LOG:  invalid checkpoint record
PANIC:  could not locate a valid checkpoint record

It would be very helpful to know what the checkpoint record LSN was in this
case.

Yes, I've pested over this one in the past when debugging corruption
issues.  To me, this would just mean to appens to the PANIC an "at
%X/%X", but perhaps you have more in mind for these code paths?

I think adding the LSN to the panic message would be a good change for HEAD.

However, that still would not take the place of the additional messages in 1d35f705e showing that the LSN came from a backup_label.

Regards,
-David