On 22.03.24 14:59, Robert Haas wrote:
And I don't believe that if someone were writing a physical book about
PostgreSQL from scratch, they'd ever end up with a top-level chapter
that looks anything like our GiST chapter. All of the index AM
chapters are quite obviously clones of each other, and they're all
quite short. Surely you'd make them sections within a chapter, not
entire chapters.

I do agree that PL/pgsql is more arguable. I can imagine somebody
writing a book about PostgreSQL and choosing to make that topic into a
whole chapter.

Yeah, I think there is probably a range of of things from pretty obvious to mostly controversial.