On 3/30/24 19:54, Joe Conway wrote:
On 2024-03-30 16:50:26 -0400, Robert Haas wrote:
or what Tom does when he builds the release tarballs.

Tom follows this, at least last time I checked:

https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Release_process

Reading through that, I wonder if this part is true anymore:

  In principle this could be done anywhere, but again there's a concern
  about reproducibility, since the results may vary depending on
  installed bison, flex, docbook, etc versions. Current practice is to
  always do this as pgsql on borka.postgresql.org, so it can only be
  done by people who have a login there. In detail:

Maybe if we split out the docs from the release tarball, we could also add the script (mk-release) to our git repo?

Some other aspects of that wiki page look out of date too. Perhaps it needs an overall update? Maybe Tom and/or Magnus could weigh in here.

--
Joe Conway
PostgreSQL Contributors Team