On Mon, Apr 15, 2024 at 11:17 PM Andres Freund <and...@anarazel.de> wrote:
> On 2024-04-15 16:02:00 -0400, Robert Haas wrote:
> > Do you want that patch applied, not applied, or applied with some set of
> > modifications?
>
> I think we should apply Alexander's proposed revert and then separately
> discuss what we should do about 041b96802ef.

Taking a closer look at acquire_sample_rows(), I think it would be
good if table AM implementation would care about block-level (or
whatever-level) sampling.  So that acquire_sample_rows() just fetches
tuples one-by-one from table AM implementation without any care about
blocks.  Possible table_beginscan_analyze() could take an argument of
target number of tuples, then those tuples are just fetches with
table_scan_analyze_next_tuple().  What do you think?

------
Regards,
Alexander Korotkov