On Mon, Apr 15, 2024 at 10:12 PM David Steele <da...@pgmasters.net> wrote:
> Anyway, I think it should be fixed or documented as a caveat since it
> causes a hard failure on restore.

Alright, I'll look into this.

> I know Tomas added some optimizations that work best with --no-manifest
> but if we can eventually read compressed tars (which I expect to be the
> general case) then those optimizations are not very useful.

My belief is that those optimizations work fine with or without
manifests; you only start to lose the benefit in cases where you use
different checksum types for different backups that you then try to
combine. Which should hopefully be a rare case.

--
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com